Pages

27 April, 2012

More interview don'ts

Here is yet another article with a list of interview don'ts, Seven stupid statements that can sabotage your job interview, this time posted on PayScale.com. First I find it fascinating how similar this list is to one I linked to in this previous post. Both lists contain seven things not to do/say in an interview. Four of the points are exactly the same (don't be late, don't lie, don't try to turn a weakness into a strength, and don't ask why they might not hire you). Additionally one point one each list is very similar (don't show up unprepared/don't come without questions).

I am reassured by these similarities. It is reassuring that the major sources of career/interviewing advice are in agreement. As someone who is still looking for employment it tells me I don't have to waste time trying to read every blog and article on such advice.

No comments:

Post a Comment