Pages

05 June, 2012

How bad was it? May jobs report...

The May jobs report was released on Friday June 1st, and it appears to be bad. For full details and the possible outcomes I suggest this CNN/Money Magazine article. The keys for me, and I presume many of you, was the official unemployment rate went up to 8.2% and the underemployment rate went up to 14.8%. Hiring, especially in the public sector has not been stellar. I have blogged in the past about these two numbers and what it means to be unemployed. As I have stated in the past I will always try to remain apolitical... but if this trend continues, especially with the European economic troubles, the fall campaign season is going to be unpleasant.

For anyone out there still trying to find work (myself included) just remember to keep your chin up, follow the advice of myself and others regarding putting your best foot forward in all searching/career encounters. If you fully research both the job and company before applying/interviewing it should improve your chances. Please share any stories good or bad about your search or ask questions. Hopefully I can provide advice, perspective and/or words of encouragement. And if I can't maybe others will.

No comments:

Post a Comment