Pages

28 August, 2012

Turning part time work into full time.

As I mentioned in a recent post, I have finally found work. Currently it is part time work, but hopefully someday soon I will find full time work. This blog post from AOL Jobs gives 5 Surefire Ways to Turn A Part-Time Gig Into a Full-Tie Job. Their five tips are:

1. Dress like you're on a job interview.
2. Get to know everyone.
3. Be gracious.
4. Go out of your way to be helpful.
5. Focus on excellence, not speed.

The explanations are good, and the list makes sense. My perspective after a week is that these tips may not make the jump to full time possible, but this is due more to the nature of my position. I have been informed that all the previous holders of the position I am in have gone on to full time work in my field, so that is great. For anyone out there currently in a part time position I recommend following these principles to help you make the jump to full time if that is your desire.

Good luck!
-George

No comments:

Post a Comment