Pages

12 March, 2012

Interviewing - STAR technique

Here is and advice column I found recently detailing the STAR technique of answering behavioral interview questions. The column is a bit old, but the content seems very relevant. STAR stand for:

  • Situation
  • Task
  • Action
  • Results

so it seems obvious that when you answer the questions using this style you address the situations you have encountered in your career, tasks you have completed, actions you have taken and the results that were achieved. This blog column provides good tips and advice for preparing for this style of interview.

I am certain that I have been interviewed using this technique, though I wasn't aware of it at the time. I now feel more prepared, hopefully you will be as well.

-Good Luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment