Pages

15 May, 2012

Look inside the mind games to find the solutions

Another useful article from Business Insider, this time about "8 Mind Games That Recruiters Play During Interviews."  Things like the awkward pause and language usage are discussed to help improve the interview process. I encourage everyone to read the full article, but the spoiler for those of you who don't have time is to answer in the first person, past tense with few adverbs. Also try to avoid passive voice.

I feel that I have done this in past interviews, but it is interesting to hear some explanations as to what it can tell the recruiter or HR professional. I don't know if I would exactly call these mind games, rather how these answer styles speak to your personality. Does anyone else have experience with these 'games'?

No comments:

Post a Comment