Pages

06 December, 2011

Hello & Welcome

Hello to all. Over the next few weeks I will begin this new blog by detailing many of the free resources on the World Wide Web for job searches, and how best to use them. When I last held a job at a major research university I learned from the Career Services staff that all the employers who visited campus agreed that while the students were receiving a good academic education, they lacked knowledge of them as a company and the industry they were hoping to work in. While I was still there I worked with the staff of that career services office to start to change this issue with our students. Now that I am myself unemployed I am going to try to bring the same types of advice to the general public through this blog.

In the beginning I expect that posts will come several times per week, though I expect once I get through detailing all the web resources I will settle into a publication pattern of about one per week. As we grow please feel free to leave comments about how these tools and tips have helped or if there are any tools or tips you would like me to investigate and comment on.

From time to time I may also bring in the opinion of my former colleagues in the career services sector to see how things are changing fro recent graduates.

Enjoy!
-George

No comments:

Post a Comment