Pages

04 January, 2012

Obama, Romney, Jobs - NYT's Krugman

I told myself when I began this blog to try my hardest to keep this apolitical. I hoped (and still hope) to mainly cover advice for job searchers, free resources for performing the necessary research, and occasionally provocative questions to spur discussion. I provide the following graphic to hopefully spur discussion about the 'recovery' and not to begin a political debate (for those interested in the OpEd piece that published the picture you can read Mr. Krugman's piece in the NYT.)


So for a three year period (2008 - 2010) things were bad! And there is still a long way to get back to where the country was before the downturn. But things have begun to turn around. What steps would best help the country continue to grow? I would love to say comprehensive tax reform and continued support of our social safety net would be possible, but I won't hold my breath.

1 comment:

  1. George,
    Great question! Job growth in this country is going to take a long time. Debt (individually & collectively), regulations, banking reform, outsourcing, litigation are just a few issues facing this country. None of these are going away and the impact to the job seeker is enormous. I personally feel that no political party can get us out of this mess. People will have to remake themselves and look for work i.e, assignments and not employment i.e., jobs as they have done in the past.

    ReplyDelete